In our Biology class we had been studying Nervous System.Our teacher gave us some activites to do in her blog.
1.control system,the receptors,the neurones,central nervous system,the nervous system.
2.Motor neurones : carry signals from the CNS to effectors.
Sensory neurones: carry signals from receptors to the spinal cord and brain.
Relay neurones:carry messages from one part of the CNS to another.
3 .Video of synapse
In our biology class we have been studying the endocrine system.
We had to prepare an activity in our blogs. I worked with Agostina Alday.
- Define HORMONE: a chemical substance produced by a gland, carried by the blood, which alters the activity of one or more specific target organs.
- Glands which secrete hormones in the human body
- Heart beats faster, supplying oxygen to your brain and muscles more quickly, which gives them more energy for fighting or running away.
- Increases breathing rate, more oxygen can enter the blood in the lungs.
- Blood vessels in the skin and digestive system contract so that they carry very little blood. Makes you go pale.
- Pupils in the eye widen, more light is allowed into the eye which might help you see more clearly.
- Liver releases glucose for the muscles so that they can release energy for contracting.
In the image above a man is riding a unicycle on the peak of a cliff. This is a very risky situation because if you lost the balance you would fall from a very high height.
Our biology teacher Male Ravagnan told us to get in pairs and work in our blogs. The topic is about the eye, specifically the pupil reflex. I worked with Agostina Alday.
Here is the link of the video we found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwB2jyj2lYM
In our Biology class we are studyng respiration so we make the following activity.
1 – State the uses of energy in our body.
The uses of energy are for:
- Contracting muscles,so that we can move parts of the body.
- Making protein molecules by linking together amino acids into long chains.
- Cell division,so that we can repair damaged tissues and can grow.
- Active transport,so that we can move substances across cell membrane up their concentration gradients.
- Transmitting nerve impulses,so that we can transfer information quickly from one part of the body to another.
- Producing heat inside the body,to keep the body temperature constant even if the enviroment is cold.
2 – Construct a mind map about respiration.
here is the link https://bubbl.us/?h=2f6f96/5f2690/31Gm3Nr9epDTU&r=1125149100
(point 3 is in the map!)
4- Search in the internet a short video, which explains why the breathing rate does not return to normal immediately after vigorous exercise stops.
In our Biology class we made the following chart as we are studyng the Respiratory System. chart
We were asked to make a przi explaining pathogens.I worked with Delfina santayana,Agos alday y Lucia Roggero.
This is the link http://prezi.com/8mpx1bam3lwg/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
In our biology class after watching a video of cholera we have to answer the following questions.
1) Name signs/symptoms caused by cholera.
2) State ways in which the bacterium spreads in the village.
3) What is diarrhoea?
4) How does the cholera bacterium cause diarrhoea?
5) How did the boy treated his father?
6) Name the different actions which the boy taught to the people in the village to prevent the disease.
- The symptons of cholera could be headche and sikness and the signs are diarrea,vomiting,weakness and dehydration.
- the ways that the bacterium spread in the village are by going to the bathroom and dont wash your hands and toucher other thing,the flyees transport the bacteria,cooking with out washing your hands and going to the bathroom in the water
- Diarrhoea is the condition of having at least three lose or liquid bowee movments each day
- the bacteria cause diarrhoea because a toxic is produced and attacked the wall of the intestine
- The boy treated his father by making a special drink with safe water by filtrating it and then he boilde it for one minute and then he threw 1 spoom of salt and 6 of sugar.
- the different actions which the boy taught to the people in the village to prevent the disease by cooking with clean water and clean food, clean their hands before eating and after going to the bathroom and to protect the food fron flyees.
In our biology class we are studing the nutrients.The teacher asked us to do this task.I worked with Juan Lutowicz .
In our Biology class we learned the characteristics of living things.
In the first picture we can see a characteristic of living things:
Nutrition:Taking in nutrients which are organic substances and mineral ions, containing raw materials and energy for growth and tissue repair, absorbing and assimilating them.
and in the second picture we can see two characteristics:
Growth: which is the permanent increase in size and dry mass by an increase in number of cells, cell size, or both.
Reproduction:Progresses that make more of the same kind of organism.
Other characteristics that are not in the pictures are :
Excretion:Removal from organisms of toxic materials, the waste products of metabolism and substances in excess.
Sensitivity, the ability to detect and response.
Movement:An action by an organism or part of an organism that changes position or place.
Respiration:Chemical reactions that break down nutrient molecules in living cells to release energy.
In our Biology class we learned how to classify living organisms. Here is my work of an earthworm.
Specie: L. Terrestris