In our History class we were asked to answer some questions of the berlin blockade. Here is the questions we must answer.
1. What was life like in Berlin in the post-war era?
Life in Berlin was not easy.Berlin was divided in two zones. Both zones were ruled very differently as the two superpowers controlled each zones . There was the soviet and the western zones.People didn t like this separation and they were desesperated as they wanted to recover for war and this didn t help.
2. How did Soviet policy towards Berlin differ from that of the West?
The differences were as the ussr established Communist rule in the former Russian Empire.Communist didn t allow people to many things and they looked equality in the population.
3. Why was reform of the German currency a key issue for both sides?
As Stalin wanted to destroyed Germany and in especial their economy and the new currency he saw in purpose . He decided to cut all roads that went into Berlin.
4. Why was the airlift such a major feat?
This was a major feat because it shows how powerfull usa was althought it was very expensive and it takes a lot of time and money to prepeared an airlift.
5. In what respect can the USSR and US be responsible for further increasing tensions during the airlift?
In one hand it was not clear for the ussr if the usa was attacking them and in the other hand as it wasn t clear this it wasn t safe to usa to send the aircraft.In someway they had to take a risk and if the airecraft didn t arrived they also lost money with out any result.
6. Why did Stalin eventually agree to talks over the airlift?
Stalin agreed because he knows that at one point they sould recover the railways and because it wasnt hepling to the opinnion of the other countries